- 9-1-1 emergency calling using the Toronto
Hydro Telecom Service provides a more limited
form of 9-1-1 emergency calling than that available
using traditional wireline 9-1-1 emergency calling.
- Be prepared to provide your location and call
back number the operator who answers the 9-1-1
call since the operator may not have this information.
The Toronto Hydro Telecom Service will not automatically
provide such operator with your correct address
and telephone number.
- When making a 9-1-1 emergency call, do not
hang up until requested to do so, and if you
are prematurely disconnected you must call back.
- Provide address and telephone number information
on or immediately next to all telephone sets
attached to the Toronto Hydro Telecom Service.
This way, all potential users of the OneConnect
Service can properly provide the operator with
the appropriate information in an emergency.
- 9-1-1 emergency calls will not be available
during power outage and will not be available
during an Internet service outage.
- 9-1-1 emergency calls made from locations
outside of Canada cannot be completed by the
operator. When using the Toronto Hydro Telecom
Service outside Canada, you must use an alternate
wireline service to dial 9-1-1.
- Be sure you fully understand the limitations
of 9-1-1 emergency calling using the Toronto
Hydro Telecom's Service and make sure all other
potential users of the service are also aware
of these limitations.
Corporation I Terms
of Use I Privacy Statement
©2006 Toronto Hydro Telecom Inc.